Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Brand New Week

Tomorrow is the first day of a brand new week. A day I would like to rename " The Eve of Destruction." Now before some of you reference my first blog, I am not hating. I am being a realist.
I do not hate President-elect Obama. I actually think he seems like a pretty decent guy. He hasn't done anything to make me think otherwise. I will not speculate that he won the election in an underhanded way nor will I walk around spewing the phrase " He's not my President." That position shows the ignorance of a lot of people. He will be my President in 2 days. That doesn't mean I have to agree with him on all of the issues. I most certainly don't. But for me to say he's not my president would be spitting on the graves of all who have fought and died for this incredible country.
Millions have fought to allow Obama and every President before him the right to win a fair and open election. So please don't anyone from the right side of the spectrum walk around spewing that tripe. And you on the left, please don't float around thinking the world is going to grab hands and sing cum-by-yah.
The new President is a human being and said a lot of things just to get elected just as most political candidates before him. If we look back a year from now there will be many campaign promises he made that won't be fufilled. It will be spun as a changing of circumstances that forced him to do so. That being the case, he should have never made the promises in the first place unless he made them citing a potential change in circumstances.
My point is that neither side is perfect. A lesson I learned while playing in the Major Leagues for 9 seasons. Both the players and the owners are wrong in different areas. Republicans and Democrats are wrong in different areas too.
I am not excited about what the next four years brings with it. That being said I'm not scared either. As a Christian I know who has my life in the palm of His hand . It wasn't George Bush and it won't be President-elect Obama. It is God almighty. Nothing happens to my life outside of what He allows. I take a great comfort in that because the book of Romans says " And we know that God causes ALL (emphasis mine) things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. 8:28
I don't think the policies of the new administration will be effective. They have been tried different times throughout our history and failed each time. Why would now be different? Any time you let government take control things get "jacked up." Sorry about that. I was wanting to appeal to the younger demographic for a moment.
To be clear. I disagree I don't hate. I anticipate I don't fear and I blog I don't solve the worlds problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment